May 29, 2019 8:56 pm
Multidisciplinary Team Response to Child Sex Trafficking
September 23-26, 2019 | Burlington, VT | Classroom | LEARN MORE
Improve multidisciplinary team (MDT) responses to child sex trafficking (CST) cases. Gather information about improving or establishing a formal MDT in your community. Identify gaps and develop short and long term response plans with the help of subject matter experts.
Registration Deadline: July 29, 2019. This 3.5 day team-based training will guide existing Multi-Disciplinary Teams (MDT) to improve their response to Child Sex Trafficking (CST) and assist those seeking to establish a formal MDT in their communities to effectively respond to CST cases. Subject matter experts will work with teams to identify gaps and develop short and long-term response plans.
Prerequisite: Attendance at a course such as System Response to High Risk Victims-Child Sex Trafficking (HRV CST) or Investigative Strategies in Child Abduction Cases (ISCAC), or have a working knowledge of child sex trafficking.
- Upon completion of this training, you will be able:
- Differentiate between responses to traditional child abuse and CST cases
- Utilize the components of an effective MDT for CST
- Recognize and locate youth at risk victimization
- Create a plan that encompasses strengths, challenges and a direction for your MDT response to CST
- Is this training for you? The following would benefit from this training:
- Law Enforcement
- Social Workers
- Tribes/Tribal Partners
- Victim Service Providers
Categorized in: Event