December 18, 2019 3:47 pm
– Set of 4 Briefs on Mental Health and Girls of Color –
In partnership with Dr. Kimberlyn Leary, Senior Scholar with our Center and Associate Professor at Harvard University, we are pleased to announce the release of a set of four issue briefs assessing the challenges and successes of school-based mental health care for girls of color and analyzing the broader context of mental health and communities of color.
Please click on the links to access each brief:
1. Mental Health and Communities of Color;
2. Mental Health and Girls of Color;
3. The Promise and Challenge of School-Based Mental Health Care for Girls of Color; and
4. Mental Health, School-Based Health Centers, and Girls of Color: Policy and Practice Recommendations.
The policy and practice recommendations presented in these briefs comprise a set of proposals to enhance mental health outcomes for girls of color and support them to thrive.
These briefs were made possible by the generous support of the 4Girls Foundation.