May 12, 2020 12:15 pm
Members are welcome to join Heather and Kat, the speakers during our Teacher Training in April, during their virtual circles at 3:00 pm (Central) on the first and third Sunday of each month.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the link to join.
In addition, Heather has provided the list of resources below for additional information about restorative justice practices.
- Baldwin, C. (1998). Calling the circle: the first and future culture. New York: Bantam Books.
- Boyes-Watson, C. (2008). Peacemaking circles & urban youth: bringing justice home. St. Paul, MN: Living Justice Press.
- Boyes-Watson, C., & Pranis, K. (2015). Circle forward: building a restorative school community. St. Paul, MN: Living Justice Press.
- Carroll, J. (1991). “A Meeting Between Brothers: Indigenous Science: Dr. Pamela Colorado talks to Jane Carroll.” Beshara 13: 20-27.
- Daniels, A. (2018). White Women Teachers and the Possibilities of Harm Reduction. Seattle, WA: The University of Washington.
- Davis, F. (2019). The little book of race and restorative justice: black lives, healing, and Us social transformation. New York, NY: Good Books.
- Fronius, T., Darling-Hammond, S., Persson, H., Guckenburg, S., Hurley, N., & Petrosino, A. (n.d.). Restorative Justice in U.S. Schools: An Updated Research Review. 51.
- González, T., Sattler, H., & Buth, A. J. (2019). New directions in whole-school restorative justice implementation. Conflict Resolution Quarterly, 36(3), 207–220. https://doi.org/10.1002/crq.21236
- Khalifa, M., Gooden, M., & Davis, J. (2016). Culturally Responsive School Leadership: A Synthesis of the Literature. Review of Educational Research. 86 (4), 1272-1311.
- Life Comes From It | Home. (n.d.). Life Comes From It. Retrieved April 18, 2020, from https://www.lifecomesfromit.org
- Pranis, K. (2005). The little book of circle processes: a new/old approach to peacemaking. Intercourse, PA: Good Books.
- Riestenberg, N. (2012). Circle in the square: building community and repairing harm in school. St. Paul, MN: Living Justice Press.
- Ross, R. (2016). Returning to the teachings: exploring Aboriginal justice. Vancouver, B.C.: Langara College.
- Schiff, M., & Hooker, D. A. (2019). Neither boat nor barbeque: In search of new language to unleash the transformative possibility of restorative justice. Contemporary Justice Review, 22(3), 219–241.
- Shah, S., Stauffer, C., & King, S. (n.d.). Restorative Justice Listening Project Final Report. 9.
- Wadhwa, A. (2015). Restorative justice in urban schools: disrupting the school-to-prison pipeline. London: Routledge.
- Zehr, H. (2015). The little book of restorative justice. New York, NY: Good Books.