June 17, 2020 3:28 pm
In this training series, attendees learned the basics of how to conduct community-building circles and put plans into practice with feedback from youth leaders.
RECORDING: Basics of Restorative Practices in School: How to Conduct Circles to Build Community
In this session, members learned the basics of community building through classroom circles, the various tiers of circles, and how to script circles. Exercises included reviewing a sample circle script, mapping out a circle, and discussing the activities within the small group and larger presentation forum.
REGISTER: Restorative Practices in School: Youth-Led Circles & Hands-on Practice
Thursday, July 2
11:30 am – 1:00 pm Eastern / 8:30 am – 10:00 am Pacific
In this session, members will learn about the Youth Apprenticeship Model and will participate in a scenario-based circle exercise led by students. After a discussion with the whole group, participants will join breakout rooms in smaller groups to discuss and complete a circle planning template.
- Application for the RJ leadership course: https://forms.gle/JewTKut5wUsf7G8c7
- Tips for Youth Led Virtual Circles
- Planning Circle for a Future Circle template
- Full packet – Community Building Circle Scripts
- Slide Deck
- San Francisco Unified District’s Teaching Restorative Practices in the Classroom with Circles